SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of optimizing your website to get natural and unpaid traffic from the search engine results page. In other words, SEO is a digital marketing strategy that makes your site more engaging in a search engine. It helps in increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to your site.
Understanding the function of SEO means you need to think about the way the people using the search engine to look for answers. To have powerful SEO, it requires an effort both in technical and marketing aspect.
Defining Google Ads
Google Ads is formerly known as Google AdWords. It is a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platform. It has two means to reach out to the market. The first one is through the Google Search Network, and the second one is through the Google Display Network.
While their functions might be different, these two techniques are both using a PPC bidding system. This system allows advertisers to bid for their ads to be on the top of the list of the search results page. In order for your Ad to consistently appear on the search engine results pages, you need not just to compete, but to beat your competitors. It will all depend on how much you are willing to pay google ads for every click your ad will get.
SEO Vs Google Ads
Let us dig deeper and see how SEO and Google Ads are different from each other.
- Google Ads is limited for sites using Google AdSense, while SEO applies to all search engines.
- You need to bid in Google Ads. The higher the amount of your bid, the greater the possibility of being placed in the search results. On the contrary, the process of getting natural or organic traffic is free.
- Google Ads are placed both on top and bottom of the Google Search engine results page. It usually depends on the result of the bidding process. While in SEO, it requires you to exert extra effort, time, and resources in order to rank on the top position.
- Google ads can give you good results in an instant as long as your Ad is in line with some factors. These factors include the quality of your ad and your landing page, which reflects in your Quality Score. On the other hand, SEO won’t give you results right away. It requires a lot more time, and effort in order to achieve a good ranking but the ROI (Return on Investment) is worth it.
- Google Ads require continuous effort. If you stop your marketing campaign, the generation of traffic on your site will also stop. While in SEO, as soon as it gets organic traffic, it will continuously work.
- Google Ads allows you to advertise on other Google websites as long as it uses Google AdSense. While in SEO, the results are limited in the SERP (Search Engine Result Pages).
Which Is Better For Your Marketing Campaign?
Google Ads can give you instant results if you want to generate traffic immediately. It is the reason why Google Ads is also perfect for new or startup companies for their marketing campaign.
Yes, it is right that you can easily make it on the top or bottom of the search engine results page as long as you have enough resources. However, you can only be successful with your campaign if you know how to manage it wisely.
It is good to use Google Ads because of how fast it can give you results. But on the other hand, we believe that SEO, Content Marketing, and Social Media Marketing can provide you with a better result. It is a fact that the longer you use SEO, the greater results you will get. So, for a long term success, use the combination of SEO, Content Marketing, and Social Media Marketing.
To conclude, you can use Google Ads for the purpose of driving more traffic and making sure you are using the right keywords. On the other hand, you can optimize your website as well as boost your natural or organic traffic through the use of SEO.